Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In Rememberance...





Yesterday the heavens received a new angel...my Great Grandpa died at the age of 99. He has lived a very full life filled with a loving family by his side. Up until about 6 months ago he lived at home and came and went as he pleased. He has touched so many lives especially mine. He was the kindest, most tender loving man I knew. He raised a garden every year, picked berries, grew dahlias (they were his mothers favorite), did wood working projects, and he had a way with animals! I have never meet another person to have such a connection with animals as he did. On some level I do believe he was a dog whisperer. His body was failing but his heart was still going strong...it was just a matter of time. We knew his time on earth was coming to an end and in his finals days it was hard to watch him slip away. We wanted him to be at peace and let go...but even so when it happened it hit me like a Mack truck that he was gone. It doesn't matter how old the person is or weather you see death coming or not...it is so hard letting go of a person that means so much to you!

I will not be filled with deep sadness today. I will remember not your parting but instead will celebrate the life, love and happiness we shared. Rest in Peace Grandpa, you will be dearly missed!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Heather~
    know that you are thought of often. I miss seeing you blog once in a while. I'm sure you have been very busy with the kiddos and your studies.
    How awesome to have had your Great Grandpa in your life~may the memories forever shine brightly in your heart.
    Hugz,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete