Thursday, March 8, 2012

My updated life.

Well, I finished nursing school in Aug. passed my boards in Oct. and have been working ever since! I was working evening shift until last week and now I am on night shift. Evening shift was not for me!!! My sleep pattern was so messed. I would work till 11:30pm come home and be wide awake until about 2-3 in the morning and then back up @ 7am to get the kids ready for school. After sending them off to school I would crash on the couch and sleep till 11:30 or noon. Then leave for work again about 2:15pm...didn't leave much time to do things around the house or to spend time with my family. So far night shift is working out so much better! I come home and go to sleep while they are at school and greet their beautiful faces when they get off the bus in the afternoon. Usually helping with homework, getting baths, and selecting clothes for the next day is not all that fun...sometimes I would rather walk over hot coals or gouge my eyes out than to help with such simple task that turn so ugly. It's the little things like that, that you miss when your not around. You take all the drama for granted and you miss it....just a little bit! Another bonus...I won't have to miss any softball or tee ball games...YAY! I don't know how things are going to play out when the kids go on summer break...I'll never be able to sleep!

Over the past year my style has changed a little too. I am a pinterest junkie and love getting all kinds of ideas. I still like antiques but I like to mix new with the old for that eclectic style...the lived in, cozy, kick your feet up kinda style. Here are a few examples...





























Hope you have enjoyed my update and this little bit of eye candy...until next time! Adios :)

2 comments:

  1. SO good to hear from you girl! You don't know how often I've thought of you and wondered how things are going for you. I'm just ashamed that I never took a minute to email you and let you know you were being thought of. I knew you were busy and last we talked you were getting ready for your boards. Kudos to you Heather! I'm proud of you, though I'm sure the shift changes, like you said aren't easy to live with. The kiddos must be growing-I see your new profile pic is darling.
    You take care and I love the "new" dreamy look too.
    big hugz~
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, it is good to hear from you.I have thought of you often .Tickled to know that you have completed school and are well on your way!Good for you!Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete